Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Winning Continues

I don't know what Wyatt's coach is telling them but whatever it is, it is working. They are on a winning streak. They have won the last 3 games that they have played. (2 more after the last post). They played Tues and Wed this week and won them both---8 to 0 on Tues and 7 to 1 on Wednesday. I have been impressed because they are starting to play baseball and not just pretend as in years past. This group of boys is starting to realize what it really means to play baseball. I was impressed with Wyatt this last game though. He has started to mature in his sportmanship and it really showed this game. He hit the ball and as sometimes happens was tagged out at first. I was waiting for the outpouring of tears, as was his custom in the past, and it didn't come. He just accepted the fact that he was out and hustled back to the dugout and kept playing. Then the next time he was up, he made it to first but was tagged out at second and again he just continued on without a fuss. I may have a real ball player on my hands so look out world, here he comes.

No comments: