Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 1/2 inches and 2 pounds!!!

We took Bethany for a check-up with the endocrinologist today and these are the results that we got. She has grown 2 1/2 inches and gained 2 pounds since we saw him last in August! This is exciting news, especially when you consider the fact that when we were seeing him every six months before the meds, she had only grown about 1/2 inch each time. So you do the math on that and tell me why I shouldn't be excited about this. We adjusted her meds to accomodate the weight gain and we meet again in six months. She is tolerating the medicine well, although she too prefers the delievery method of the first meds vs our current---she doesn't like to see the needles....but who does?
The thing that I am most grateful for at this point in our lives, isn't the fact that she is growing, but the support system and the doctors that have helped us get to this point. I know that without our family and wonderful friends that we have these trips to meet with the doctor would be horrible. Imagine sticking 6 kids in the car for a 2 hr drive one way and then a doctor's visit at the end of that with another 2 hr drive home.....not a pretty thought. We have always been fortunate enough to have family be able to be with the other children so that their routine is somewhat similar and the older kids don't have to miss school. And as far as the doctors are concerned......well I am thankful to have a great pediatrician who kept asking why she was not growing as fast and then trying to find the answers to that and then knowing when we needed a specialist to help us figure that out. Then to the endocrinologist who takes time away to come to a location closer to us for the check-ups besides knowing what we should do for her. I have come to realize that this is just one of the little miracles that show to me that my Father in Heaven loves me and know who I am. He also loves our little Bethany and is giving us the help that we need to help her. So for now, we continue to give Bethany her shots and we hope real soon that she passes Mariah in height and weight.

4 comments:

Paula said...

This is great news.

Eric, Mindy and Kacey said...

Yeah Bethany! So good to hear the great news!

Liz said...

What happy news! It's great to know that your hard work is paying off! I wish we lived a little closer so we could help you with the babysitting and things.

Oh, we're planning on coming home in May for Torrey's graduation. We'll have to get together!!

Tiff and Kyle said...

I just love the tender mercies from the Lord.
I'm so happy it working.