Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Are you ready for this?

Today, I sent Jacob off to his first day of preschool........
and was left with these at home:
It was a hard day for him. He was really excited this morning and couldn't wait for me to take him to school. Then we got there and everything melted. He didn't want to go into the building, he didn't want to hang his backpack up, he didn't want to do anything. I felt really bad because I made him do those things.....then I helped him to his seat, said good bye and left him there crying. Now don't get me wrong, I tried to comfort him and tell him that things would be okay, but he wasn't listening and nothing I said made a difference. He is the type of person that if things don't go his way, he throws a fit. So I left him to throw his fit, and before I started to cry myself. I knew that this transition would be hard for him, but I also knew that this would be a great way for him to get used to going to school before he started kindergarten next year. He is a smart boy, he just needs the socialization that school can provide for him. I hope that he had a good day at school as he is still there while I am posting this. I know that Katherine has sure been missing him and in some ways I think that she would have stayed there at school a whole lot easier than Jacob did. It is going to be weird having just 2 at home during the morning, but I think I will get used to it. I will have plenty of time with just 2 at home as Katherine won't be able to start preschool until she is 4 1/2 and that will be in 2 more years. So we will see how the year goes. Hopefully the days will get easier and he won't be so emotional about it.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jena said...

Hi Julie - I can't believe how much your family has grown since we saw you last! Congrats on your newest addition. I look forward to getting to know your brother and sister-in-law now that we are in their ward!

Tiffany Wacaser said...

How is Jacob doing now? Has he adapted to going to preschool?