Friday, April 20, 2012

We are still here!

Yes, I know, it has been along time since I have blogged and yes we are still here and still moving around. We have had a lot of things going on and not a lot of extra time for other things. To catch you up a bit on our lives here goes. We went to Jacob's music performance and he was awesome! The nice thing about that was that he was suprised to see Grandma Sherry there. The smile on his face was priceless:






Wyatt had an art show/music concert on the same night. The one piece of his that I thought I would post was his mask as I was a part of the creation of that. See my previous post on the making of his mask and now here is the finished product:


We had some family pictures taken by a friend of ours. I thought that they turned out really nice. Now the problem comes in deciding which ones I want hard copies of and what size and such.Wyatt had his last pinewood derby as a Cub scout. He car did fairly well this year. We really liked the color scheme and the decorations on it (Go Pokes!).


On a sad note my Aunt Michelle passed away. We went down to the funeral. We decided that since it was also the kids' spring break we would do something fun before we went home. We were debating whether to do the zoo or the aquarium. Since it was pretty chilly out and the kids didn't have their jackets (my fault as it was really warm when we left home) we settled on the aquarium. I thought it ended up being a good choice (it was warm) and we had never been to the aquarium. It made a sad weekend a little brighter. I have a ton of pictures from there, but this one is my favorite. James was really excited to see all the fish and see them swimming around. I liked that a lot of the tanks were at his level or had a rock "wall" in front that the kids could climb on to see and I didn't have to do a lot of lifting of little people to see things! It was Easter the weekend after our trip to Aunt Michelle's funeral and as per tradition we dyed eggs. I think I got a little carried away in putting the water and such in the dye packets and we ended up dying the table and floor as well. We had fun and that was the most important thing.Last but not least we had a huge room change at our house. With only 3 bedrooms to split betwen 7 kids, it is a little harder to decided who shares with whom (other than by gender). We had a big queen size bed that Amanda had been sleeping on that we needed to get rid of and replace with bunk beds for this all to work. It really fell into place that I found someone on facebook that not only needed our queen bed (frame and all) but had a set of bunk beds! We traded straight across and then the real work began. I worked with the kids and we went through everyone's dresser of clothes (except James) and took out the small stuff and since I thought ahead and worked from the oldest to the youngest, the clothes that were too small didn't just get put away and ultimately forgotten about. I was able to try the too small stuff on the next child down and only put away the things that were truely too small for any of my kids. Then we switched some rooms. The boys had actually been in the smaller of the 3 rooms, only because for a while there were only 2 of them. We moved them into one of the larger rooms and put all 3 boys together. This means that James is now a big boy! He no longer sleeps in a crib and is no longer in my room either! We then moved Amanda and Katherine into the boys' room. Bethany and Mariah stayed put. It was a long day, but I am happy we did it. Everyone seems to have adjusted fine to the switch. Here is a shot of James on his first night sleeping in his big boy bed.



Thanks for stopping and seeing our massive update.....hopefully it won't get so bad next time and I can actually keep up now.











No comments: