When you have kids sometimes it pays to let things slide so that the child learns how to help and work. One of the things I have learned is to let the kids help whenever they want.....even if it means that they have to do something that you normally wouldn't allow. For example: the other day James wanted to help me wash the counter tops. Well, a 2 year old cannot reach said counter tops with out help....especially the very back. SO, I let him crawl on the counter so that he could help me wash it and didn't bat an eye.
How could you when he looks at you and smiles like this:
I know that he proably didn't do a fanstatic job at wiping them off, but he learned to help and to do the job. Next time he will do better and will continue to do better each time. The important thing is that he is learning and willing to help.


No comments:
Post a Comment