I seem to be a broken record lately. I tell myself that I am not going to let time get away from me and I am going to post often.....and I don't.
Wyatt got to Florida! We were able to send him and he survived. He survived his first plane ride ever! He had an amazing experience that helped me grow as a mother....I know that seems weird. But I always have a hard time letting the kids go on these type of trips because I always wonder. I wonder did I teach them enough to be able to make it. I guess it is a short trip for them into the world without mom.....and he made it. AND I made it without him and made it through worrying at how he would do. He is already talking about next year (and I think by what I was able to watch of their live feed from the opening ceremonies for Science Olympiad, that it will be in Nebraska! Much closer)
Most of my time lately has been getting a taste of what Gabe does day in and day out. We only were doing this in the evenings, but I know that he line of work is NOT for the faint of heart and more than that....... I couldn't do it because I don't like heights. I am not afraid of them in the sense that I can't go up, but I am a nervous wreck when I am up there and heave a huge sigh when my feet finally are able to come back to solid ground. What am I talking about? Well, we just finished re-siding our house. This isn't for the faint at heart, we did all the work ourselves, with help from our neighbor at just the right times too! Our house is two stories which means that some of the work needed to be done with scaffolding. Thankfully our house has roof lines that allowed some of the work for the second story to be done on the roof, but still not my cup of tea! I am glad to say that we are now officially done!!! All of the painting is over, the siding is up and the caulking has been done. ALL the finishing touches are done! This has been on our plates since March!
We have also been doing graduation stuff. As much as I hated thinking about it and knowing that it was happening....it is done. Amanda is now a high school graduate! She graduated at the end of May. We are proud of her and hope that she does well. I won't have to let go too soon as she is going to live here and go to our local community college. I will have to post pictures at another time.....it seems that my computer is not communicating with my camera.
Nails Done
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment