Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009



We really haven't done a lot this Halloween season, but the kids sure did have fun. Wyatt and Amanda had a piano recital. This one is really different than most recitals that you have been too....the kids dress in their Halloween costumes and play the spookiest music that the teachers can find. And it is a combination of several teachers not just ours. Then the kids also had their parties at school. This year I was brave enough to go, but not sure I will again without giving children a nap. Since I have 3 kids at the same school I had 3 parties to go to and I had 2 kids that did not get naps.....you do the math on that one and decide how well I enjoyed myself there. On Halloween morning I decided to try something different for breakfast and like anything different I was met with resistance. I had the idea that I would make our french toast into spooky french toast. I had some cookie cutters that I thought that I could use to cut out some shapes after the toast was cooking. For some reason I was really hesitant about cutting them out before they cooked and wasting all the bread. So it ended up being just a ghost shape cut into the toast. Jacob was my first to say that he didn't want a ghost in his toast. Then Gabe tells me that he doesn't want one either.....until he saw that it was only the toast with a ghost in the middle. After that I think the kids ate more than normal. I personally thought that they were pretty cute. What do you think?
I was a little disappointed this year as we didn't have a ward Halloween party. Usually they have one and have the trunk or treating---didn't happen this year. So for the first time in several years, Gabe and I took the kids out trick-or-treating. We didn't want to be gone too long as we had lots of candy to give away, but we did hit a few houses of people that we knew. We were gone long enough that the kids were satisfied that we went. Unfortunately we were also gone too long that we didn't get any trick-or-treaters at our house. I personally think that we didn't get any because no one really knows that our houses exsist. The subdivision we live in is a new one (only 5 houses and 1 more almost complete) and we don't even have a road sign that tells you what street we live on. So our kids got more candy than we had intended for them to have as they now have the stuff that I bought to give away. All in all we had a wonderful time and the kids looked so wonderful in their costumes. I think that next year I should try and get on the ball and have a theme for them and make their costumes. Kelli did that with her kids and it was really cute to see all her little "bugs" come trick or treating to our house.

2 comments:

The Holder's said...

Good luck with the candy. We ended up going to grandma's and Steven showed up with his kids so we all went in grandma's neighborhood so we also have all our candy left. Thank goodness the homes are not very clos at grandma's so we didn't hit as many homes as we would if we were home.

Liz said...

Ahhhh...there's no such thing as too much candy!!