Yes, I know I am tempting fate with this title. Most of you will read that and think that this is a post about our new baby....not this time. We have anxiously been awaiting the arrival of these newest little ones. Only because their mother has done this against the odds of.....well everything. She built this nest on a wreath that hangs on my FRONT door. Now this isn't a decorative front door that never gets used. We use this door, several times a day actually. So for her to persist in building the nest, and then lay eggs, never mind sitting on them the length of time it takes to hatch them out.......Amazing. That is one dedicated mother in my eyes. But as you can see we have baby birds right now. There is still at least one egg that hasn't hatched as of this posting. After seeing that they had hatched, Gabe says "Maybe we should move the wreath"---ya, I think it is a little late for that. And I guess another amazing thing is that we have been working on the front of the house taking the old siding off and getting ready to stucco the front....so she has been displaced from her nest ALOT with the construction. So I guess we will wait and see how they do. So far so good.
Nails Done
8 months ago

1 comment:
What a need experience for your family. Maybe not the most convient location. I have to say I am glad we found the start of a nest in our BBQ early so we didn't have new arrivals living there.
Post a Comment