Sunday, June 27, 2010

Teeth


Bethany was pretty excited this last week as well. She discovered that she had a loose tooth. I, personally was a little shocked, because for some reason had thought that with her GHD that she would lose her teeth a little later than normally. Apparently I was wrong as her first one came out just a couple weeks shy of her 7th birthday. She was very excited when she discovered that it was loose. I suggested to her that the more that she wiggled it, the faster that it would come out. She wiggled it and wiggled it.....so much that by the time we were able to pull it out she had gotten it to almost lay flat against her lip. I tried a couple of times to pull it, but couldn't get it out. So again we resorted to having Dad help us. He got some dental floss and out it came in one try. So that night she put the tooth under her pillow (a little disappointed because I didn't have a tooth chest like the school gives out). I had opened the windows because it was a little stuffy and she said "thanks mom, now the tooth fairy can get in and leave me some money". Now she has a toothless grin and because the tooth fairy gave her 50 cents, looking forward to loosing more. (She has asked several times to check some of her other teeth to see if they are loose.)

2 comments:

Liz said...

What a great toothless grin!!

Tiff and Kyle said...

I remember when I lost a tooth I was so excited to put the straw in the tooth hole and drink my soda through it. Great smile :}