*****Note to those who are weak of stomach the pictures in this post may or may not be suitable for you.********
It is very satisfying for us as a family to know that you are doing something to help yourself be more self-sustaining. Gabe put in with some friends of ours for antelope this year and drew the tag. This was his first year of hunting antelope (and may be his last as he doesn't like the fact that you almost have to chase the animals down). We were lucky that he was able to find and shoot one too. We went from having this hanging in the barn:
We finally packaged it and ended up with 30 pounds of antelope burger in the freezer. We have enjoyed it more than I had thought we would. I had always been told that antelope would taste really gamey and that all it was good for was to be made into jerky. We actually made a roast of the backstraps and they were tasty! The burger is really tasty too.
1 comment:
Jason is off this weekend trying to fill our freezer with antelope as well. I am like you, I never thought that I would like antelope meat, but we went through two animals this past year and it was some of the best meat!
Post a Comment