Monday, January 17, 2011

My Big helper

So today I was trying to get the dining room cleaned up. All the older kids are at school. I really wanted some help so that I could do a bit of sewing. So I asked Jacob if he would help me wipe off the table while I swept the floor. He didn't want to do it, but Katherine did. So I got her the rag, got it wet the first time and let her have a go at it. After a minute or so, she asked me for a knife because "the table is nasty mom" and there were a few spots that she couldn't get off. So then the next thing that Iknow, she is headed into the kitchen to get her rag wet again because she needed more water. They table got clean, but afterwards she had to change her pants because they were too wet. So I guess the question is now....is my table too big? or do I need to wait for her to get bigger before asking again?
Here she is wiping off the table for me.
She looked up after the first picture to figure out what I was doing.This is the table after she was done. I actually had to get a towel and dry it off before we could do any sewing. But I was proud of her, she did the task that I had asked and did a very good job of it. Way to go Katherine!

No comments: