This year for Jacob's birthday I wasn't going to wait till the last minute to do something, but when your birthday comes on the first of the month.....it sneaks up on a person. So I knew that Jacob loves Lightning McQueen and when I asked him about his cake, of course he said that he wanted Lightning. I wasn't sure how to do that. I went to the stores trying to find something that wasn't too expensive to be able to decorate his cake with, but didn't find too much. I remember seeing a cake pan at our local Ben Franklin Craft store that was shaped like Lightning.....$15 for it. I love my children, but I wasn't about to spend that much on a pan that was only going to be used once. I happened to be talking to Gabe about it, and one of the guys that he works with had that pan and let us borrow it! So I got my first experience in cake decorating as the professionals do it. Usually I just make a cake and frost it and then put cute things on top. So for my first try I don't think that I did too bad.......
Jacob didn't seem to mind. He was just tickled pink that he had a Lightning McQueen cake.
And this is just too cute to leave out. This is James getting his first ever taste of cake.
We had a great day. Jacob is so cute. The funny thing is this: until this day Jacob's favorite number was four. THE very next day, he told me that his favorite number is 5 (his current age). And just for your information his favorite color is still green.
1 comment:
Happy birthday to Jacob! You did a great job on the cake. Any ideas for Megan's? She wants a princess cake.
Post a Comment