Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Henry

So I have sort of fallen off the face of the earth (again) and have gotten so far behind that I don't even know where to start. So I will start with Henry! He is growing so much of the past few months that I hardly recognize him anymore as my little baby. He is now 10 1/2 months and, if you are friends with me on facebook you know, he is walking!!!! I am shocked. Granted he is only taking a few steps at a time, but he is doing it all on his own. Last night he was standing up to the couch, he turned and walked toward the kitchen taking about 10 steps. That is the most I have seen him take. He does better if he decides to do it than if the other kids try and help. If the other kids stand him up and ask him to go, he gets too excited and loses his balance after just 2 steps.
  He is starting to get teeth. My kids for some reason get their teeth really late. I mean he didn't cut the first one until 9 months. Now he has 3 and more coming. He looks really funny as his teeth aren't coming in "normally". Now when I say this I don't mean that they are coming in crooked....they are just coming in a different order than usual. Usually babies will get their two bottom front teeth, followed by the top two front teeth and then they will work their way out in 2s from their. Henry on the other hand, he got those 2 bottom ones....and then has sprouted a fang. He has his canine on the left side, and is getting the other one....he should have it by Halloween. He looks like a vampire. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a good picture of the "fangs" yet. I am still waiting for that one. But know that once I do you will get to see it too!
  He is starting to talk. Most kids say Dada first....only because the "d" sound is so much easier to make. Not Henry! He said MaMa first!! In fact he doesn't say dada very often. He usually calls Gabe "mama" too. He is starting to try and say other things. Sometimes it sounds like he says "ya" or "ok" when Gabe asks him something.
  He is one hard child to contain. He wants to be going places. He isn't content to sit and play with toys....unless it is the dishes in the cabinets! I have taken to shutting all the doors to the bedrooms so that he can't go into them. Because if he goes in there, he will shut the door himself and thereby lock himself in as he can't get out!

Henry at 8 months:






Henry at 9 months:


Henry doing what he loves best.....having us chase him up the stairs!



No comments: