Okay, so when you get as old as I am you really don't want to celebrate any more birthdays, but this one is not mine. Today is Gabe's birthday. I didn't realize how hard it was to buy presents for him until a good friend of ours called to find out what he wanted for his birthday. Gabe is a firm believer in getting things that you need for any gift giving occasion. (that is why the kids gave him socks, a belt, and some aftershave lotion.) But when he has everything that he needs, what do you get him?? I even asked him about making him a cake--doesn't want one. I asked about a special dinner (we have the tradition of the birthday person choosing the meal for that night) and he just said he wanted something to eat. But I think that he really enjoyed this morning. I woke all the kids up a litte early and then took them into our bedroom (as Gabe was still sleeping) and then the all climbed up and wished him a happy birthday with hugs and kisses. I am really thankful at this time though for his companionship, his ability to fulfill his duties as a father and at times his sense of humor. (Ask mom about this because she doesn't like that about him sometimes). So Happy Birthday Gabe, your family loves you a bunch.
1 comment:
Happy birthday, Gabe! Hope you had a great day!
Post a Comment