Last night we had a mother/daughter Young Women's activity learning how to make pie crusts. I left most of the children with Gabe, but Katherine. He was planning on helping out his brother and wouldn't be able to watch her well, so I took her. It was a fun activity, but I think that I have a budding pie maker on my hands. Amanda made the whole pie herself with supervision from myself and her leaders, but she was the quickest at it. She had her bottom crust rolled out and in the pan before anyone else, filled and the topped before you could bat an eye. She made a peach pie (just for me) and was thrilled with her accomplishment. One of her leaders told her that she was an expert pie maker, but I just think that she is a natural. We still have to sample the pie, that will be our dessert for tonight, but she did a wonderful job. Now I know who to call on when I need a pie made from scratch (I can't do the crusts worth beans).
No comments:
Post a Comment