Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time

You know the saying "time flies when you are having fun"? Well I really have to disagree with that. I have found that time does what it wants and when it wants. It will slow way down when you are looking forward to something, like Christmas, so that it seems to take forever to come. Or it will speed up so fast that you can't remember where it has all gone like when you are spending time with family. Or it just passes without any sort of acknowledgement. So as I am looking at the date today, I realize that this time time really has flown. My littlest daugher, Katherine, is now a year old. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since we brought her home, but that is time playing tricks on us again. She is indeed a year old and growing bigger everyday. She loves to love on the other kids, blow kisses and give hugs---if you get close enough. She is learning to walk on her own, but doesn't feel that she needs to because she has others willing to carry her (and crawling is faster anyway). She will laugh out loud, especially when others around her are laughing. We are celebrating her birthday on Saturday, because Wyatt has a music program tonight, and I will post pictures then. But I wish that time hadn't flown and that I still had my newborn, but yet I am enjoying watching her grow and progress day by day. She is such a sweet little girl that I can't imagine not having her a part of our family.

1 comment:

Jason and Gina said...

Happy birthday, Katherine! We love you! I can't believe that she is a whole year old already! I do miss having a newborn, but it is so much fun watching them grow up.