We started our day at 8:30 which foun
They took us back to the room and Amanda donned the cute gowns that you have to wear. Then she got her IV. She never once cried or flinched while this was done.
About 9:15 they came for her. They put the lovely cap on and put a robe on, because we all know how flattering those gowns are. And away they went.
About 45 minutes later (about 10:30) she rolled back into the room looking a little tired, but still pretty upbeat.
It wasn't until the nurse came to take out the IV and she got up to go potty that things started getting stressful for me. I know that bleeding after surgery is pretty normal, but this was a little on the extreme side I think. After they took her IV out, her nose started to bleed. I wasn't too worried, but it kept oozing and oozing. The nurse told us that she couldn't go until it stopped bleeding. So we sat there until about 4:15 before it stopped and we could go home.
Today she is hurting, but you tell me who wouldn't be after that. I know when I had my tonsil out I couldn't eat for several days and I didn't want to swallow anything either. If I remember right I lost a lot of weight. What a great way to start a senior year.

3 comments:
Surgury is never fun. I hope Amanda is better soon. Julie didn't you get bad nose bleeds too?
Poor Amanda! What a way to spend a birthday. Give her lots of kisses and hugs from me!
Sending our love for a quick recovery.
Post a Comment