Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Elephants



In an effort to reduce the TV watching at our house by the youngest 2 children I have had to find some other activities. I have a preschool program that I really like that goes week by week with a theme. This week's theme is the jungle. So, I thought I would have the kids make a jungle animal. I have a lion, monkey and elephant paper plate craft and gave them a choice......hence we did elephants. I have long since forgotten where I got this craft from, but it is a fun one to do and I have a few other animals than just these jungle ones. Yes, I did realize after the fact that elephants really aren't a jungle animal persay, but for our activities it served the purpose.
I did discover though that I must prepare before hand---I don't have a copier that will copy the pieces onto the appropriate color paper---so I have to trace the pieces. Then I realized that to get more fun out of it for them, I would just cut them out so that all they needed to do was glue them together. (Their scissor skills aren't exactly what they need to be to cut these pieces out.) After all my preparation we were able to sit down and glue our elephants together. Katherine was really proud of hers and held it while I snapped her picture, Jacob on the other hand adamently refused to hold it so I could take the picture and almost wouldn't let me hang it up on the door. I just thought that they were cute. Hope that you enjoy them too.

1 comment:

skideewink said...

Oh we love LOVE all "Nellypants" When Clairee was about 2 all she ever wanted to be was a circus ringleader and train the "Nellypants" Still today if she gets to pick out a stuffy or animal that's the one! Thanks for sharing (((hugs)))