Sunday, April 25, 2010

Our Fowl Weather friends

Friday was a very drizzly day. It had rained most of the night and was raining most of the day. As I was completeing my chores, I ended up going outside to take the trash out. I know not a fun thing to do, but this time was different. As I stepped out the front door, I could hear the honking of some geese. Now this is not unusual for our area. There is a field at the end of the street where these geese were camped out for a long time earlier this spring. But this time, they sounded too close to be coming from that field. As I looked around I finally found them. They were across the street playing in the big puddles that the rain had brought us. I immediately dropped the garbage and found the camera and tried to get some pictures. These geese seemed more intent on playing in the water than they were on what I was trying to do, as they didn't get agitated and fly off (like I thought they would). I had to call our neigbor and tell her. They actually stuck around a while and walked up the street and came back and were there for about 45 minutes before I noticed that they had gone.

This was taken from the corner of my lot.
This one I was even closer.....about 50 feet away. The green pole that you see in the background is the end of the vacant lot and I was standing in the street. The lots are 100 feet deep....you do the math.
This one the started walking up the street, but still not scared that I was there......again about 50 feet away from them.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Liz said...

That's too cool! Good pictures!