I know that I have seen this before but it never fails to make me laugh. We as parents go and spend more on toys that make noise and rattle and shake and they never get played with. Since James is now 9 months and crawling (yes, he is and it is exciting and sad at the same time), he can now get to exactly where he wants to be to play with things he wants to play with. So lately I have found him ignoring his other toys to play with this:
And it never fails that the simple things in life right now are the greatest. The other night all the rest of the kids were asleep. I needed to fold laundry and Gabe wasn't around to help. I didn't know what to do with James as the laundry room is really close to the stairs......so I had to find a way to occupy him so I could do my stuff. I put him in the basket, but then realized that he would tip himself out of it if I didn't give him something to play with. So I put the hangers in there with him. He was content to just sit and play with them. Then as I was folding Gabe and I socks, I would throw him a couple now and then and he would play with them. So much for buying the toys from the store. Give them some hangers and a basket and they will be just fine. 
1 comment:
I can see that James has a bright future as an air-conditioning engineer because he likes to play with the heating vents!
I don't think they grow out of this phenomenon - Conner loves to play with cardboard boxes and he is almost 9 now!
Post a Comment