This year is a special one in our religion for Bethany. As this is her 8th birthday, this is the year that she gets baptized. We were on the ball this year and were able to get a date picked and the things ready way before her actual birthday because we wanted to give our families every opportunity to be able to come and help her celebrate this special day. Bethany's actual birthday was on the 5th, but her baptism wasn't until the 9th. We really enjoyed having as much family as we did come and it was a very special occasion for her. I am still amazed at how time has flown. It just seems like yesterday we were brining her home from the hospital, but here we are 8 years later. We have had a lot of fun with Bethany, but we have also had our trials with her. She has been a trooper over the last 2 yrs as we have tried to figure out how to deal with her lack of growth. After discovering that she has GHD (Growth Hormone Deficiency) and starting her shots she has grown a ton! The saying that dynamite comes in small pacakages....that describes her exactly. She might be small, but hey look out when she gets mad!
This is Bethany sporting the cake that I made for her. It was actually two cakes, but they were essentially exactly alike. The cake was a round one that you cut. But since I can't half a cake mix from the box, I had to make 2 round cakes, and since I already had the stuff to make them, I just made them both into her butterfly cakes. I hope that she loved it, she seems to from her face.
This is Bethany and her dad right before the start of the baptism. It is hard to get a great picture of Gabe, but I think that Bethany's face is priceless here. Her smile is one that she had on her face the entire evening.
Bethany holding up her new dress that Grandma Sherry got her.....notice a theme that wasn't intentional? (Hint: purple and butterflies?) No we didn't plan that, it just happens that maybe great minds think alike?
No comments:
Post a Comment