Okay so we have our baby, but who said time could speed up? I mean seriously. I know I have talked a lot about how time can fool us. Sometimes it seems like it takes forever for something to happen and time is moving S-L-O-W-L-Y. But then sometimes it just seems like moments have gone by and time moves so FAST that you can't even comprehend it. So this is one of those moments.....time has flown.....and my littlest man is already:
I mean how can this be? It seems like the last month of waiting for him to come was agony and that it was taking FOREVER. But now that he is here.....how can a month have passed already?
I was thankful for this thoughtful gift from my friend R. She found these stickers that you can just put on their shirts and take your pictures. Then when you are done, the sticker comes off and you move on. Well, since my little man was sleeping I decided just to put the sticker on him and have at the pictures. I didn't want to wake him up putting the sticker on. This will be something fun and different that I never did with the other kids.....not because I love this little man any more than the others, but because I never thought about it.
Henry is a great baby. I am thankful for him as he is a wonderful sleeper at night. I can put him to bed at 10 and he will sleep until 4! I have needed that as I have recovered from the birth. But the trade off is that starting about 8 or 8:30 all he wants to do is nurse. I guess he is just trying to make sure that he has enough for that huge time. I don't think I have ever had a breastfeed baby sleep like that at night and he has been doing if for like 3 weeks now! He loves to be cuddled and held close. He is also starting to smile at you and try to "talk" to you. Of course the kids can't get enough of him. James is still so protective of "His Henry" that the other kids have to be a bit sneaky to get their own Henry time. This is one loved little baby right now. Everyone is fighting over holding him, burping him......yes (I know they must be desperate) even changing his diaper.
And Yes, I am serious......Henry is that old already!
No comments:
Post a Comment