As 2012 draws to a close, my mind, like many others, turns to the New Year. For some this means a new start and a new beginning with lots of resolutions. Sometimes these are the best intentions to change themselves and make a difference in their lives. I think that this is a great idea, but I think we are too hard on ourselves sometimes. I think that most of the time we feel like it is an all or nothing sort of deal. We either keep the resolution all the way or just junk it all together. I think that there has to be some middle ground there. I think that this year I am resolving to do many things, but most of all I am resolving to be better than I was the day before. I want to do things better than yesterday. I want to be more patient today than yesterday. I want to smile more than I did yesterday.....well you get the idea. I don't think it needs to be an all or nothing deal....just be better than yesterday. Take one day at a time and enjoy that day.
So as the year is ending, I am starting fresh. I have many things I would like to see happen in this new year and I am going to strive one day at a time to try and make those changes that will make me a better person and hopefully make my family better too. Happy New Year!!!
Nails Done
6 months ago
1 comment:
That reminds me of our family motto a couple of years ago :) "Try a little harder to be a little better" Gordan B. Hinckley
That was our second year motto and I still have it on our wall- I think it is so important to just keep trying! Hope you have a wonderful new year!!
Post a Comment