Aren't geese supposed to fly south for the winter? Then what are these doing in the park near my house?
This isn't the first winter that they have been here. Actually I think that this is the second or the third. I remember last year Gabe tried to catch one with his bare hands. He took a white sheet that I had and used it as a cover and tried to sneak up on them. They knew he was there, but they never flew away. They would all get up and walk away from him, but never left completely.
I wonder if this is now a regular stop for them. Are they just resting up before they go farther south....or are they south enough? I have been watching them for a couple of days and the group seems to be getting bigger. There was even a picture of these birds on the front page of our local paper.
I love watching nature. I love that my new camera is so awesome that I can get a picture like this without disturbing the birds and even having to get very close. I am glad that I live in an area where I get to see things like these right out my front door. I hope that these things never become common place to me, that I can find the joy and excitement in seeing this. I hope that you have enjoyed my moment of peace. I feel like I need to take more of these. I want to never forget to stop and smell the roses.....or stop and enjoy the geese.

No comments:
Post a Comment