Friday, September 5, 2008

Hands Full

I never really know what to say to people when they tell me that I have my hands full (after they have seen all my kids), but I am beginning to see what they mean. We have made it through a week of having 4 children in school (3 all day and one for 1/2 day) and the calendar is starting to fill up with their activites. I have open houses for the kids next week, on top of doctors visits, piano lessons, wanting to get to story time at the library----and even just making this list causes my stress level to start to soar. But then I look at my children and know that I am doing what I feel is best for them given our situation. At times I feel like I should have them enrolled in every sporting event that comes around, but I know that isn't the option. What I really have instead of my hands full, is a full heart. I am full of gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with 6 wonderful children, a loving husband, a roof over my head, the ability to take care of that family and also the gospel in my life. I don't know where I would be without it, but I know that I wouldn't be where I am at. And to all those who, when confronted with my kids, will gasp with shock and insist that I have my hands full, I will continue to reply, No--just my heart.

1 comment:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

I don't know why people feel entitled to make comments anyhow. Its funny how everyone thinks they have the right to make comments about your family size.
I like your comeback to the handsfull comment.