Friday, September 26, 2008

When it rains....it pours

No this isn't a post about the weather, although I do have some good pictures of early this year....but that is a different story. In all the comotion about Katherine it should also be noted that she wasn't/isn't the only one on medication right now. I am feeling like I should be given an honorary medical degree just so I can dispense all the medications that are being taken/used in the house. Earlier this week, and at the end of last Jacob started running a fever, and we were just going to wait it out.....until Wednesday. On Wednesday (actually for me it started late Tuesday night/early Wed. morning) Jacob woke up and had a ton of fluid leaking out of his ear. I called the doc and got him in that morning. I had to take Katherine with me of course, but I also ended up taking Wyatt because he wasn't feeling so good either. The appointment was just for Jacob, but now I am glad that Wyatt was there.....it will become a little clearer as I finish the rest of the story. So we get to the doctor's office and sure enough they confirm my worst fear....Jacob has an infection in that ear AND has burst his ear drum. Now, she told me that this wasn't going to be much of a problem as this is the first time that he has done this, but it could be if it continues to happen. I know that his hearing has been affected as he will repeat things and doesn't seem to listen as well....but as for the long term we don't know yet. I am really hoping that this doesn't mess with the progress that we have been making in terms of his hearing "loss". Then after she was done with Jacob she made a comment about Wyatt, he was looking really puny at the time. I told her that he had come home from school Tues with a fever and saying that his neck hurt, and that I had kept him home today because he just didn't feel well and still had a touch of fever. She said that she was going to look at him, and looked in his ears and then his throat......then the dreaded words, it looks like he has strep. So she swabbed his throat and 7 minutes later we had the conformation that it was strep. So 1 visit, 2 boys, and 3 medications to fill later.....and I feel like I need a DR. in front of my name to deal with the boys and Katherine's meds.....and Mariah's. (She has excema on her elbows and we have some cream to put on that).
So the illness have ben pouring at our house and hopefully it can stop raining soon.

1 comment:

Jason and Gina said...

Poor kids! Hope that everyone starts feeling better soon! Here is your Greatest Mommy award from me!