The other kids have been going to school for a week now, but Mariah didn't get to start until today. Wow, 4 kids in school (at least for half the day) and what will I do with myself? Mariah started her first day of preschool today and was so excited. She went right into the classroom and found her spot, and gave me a big hug and said "Bye, Mom". I was a bit bewildered, but turned and walked out. When I came back at the end of the day, I was able to watch her complete her lunch before she really noticed that I was there. She stacked her plate, put her cup and silverware where it should go, and then proceeded to wash the placemat off all by herself with little or no instructions from the teachers. I guess I just need to send her to school more often, because at home it is a constant struggle to get her to complete a task without LOTS of encouragement. Then shortly after arriving home, she laid down in the chair and was out. But of course she has had a long week so far. Monday was her birthday, Tuesday was her doctor's visit to complete the vaccinations for school and then Wednesday was school----that wears me out just remembering all that. But she is a trooper and was really brave for her shots. She and Katherine had to get them yesterday. She went first because I was afraid that if Katherine went first, everyone would be crying because....well, shots hurt. So Mariah went first. She climbed up on the table and sat really still for the nurse. She flinched just a little on the first, nothing on the second and for the third just whimpered just a little (that was the shot with the most stuff to put in her leg). Katherine on the other hand started screaming from the moment the first needle touched her leg until I was able to pick her up at the end. Now to answer the question posed at the first what am I going to do.......potty train Jacob. He was really upset that he didn't get to go to school, so I told him that he was going to potty training school. And sure enough while Mariah was at school he stood there and looked at me and said "Mom, I am peeing." (Twice). So that becomes my next job.
Nails Done
8 months ago
1 comment:
Hooray, Mariah! What a big girl! I really wish that Lindsey was interested in potty training. Go Jacob! You can do it!
Post a Comment