Sunday, January 25, 2009

Life can be rough.

So Sunday only comes once a week, but when it does it seems that life becomes harder in some respects. We now have afternoon church, which in some ways I like, but in others it is really hard. I like having church in the afternoon because we get to sleep in and don't seem to rush as much in getting everyone ready. But on the other hand I don't like it because church starts at 1 and that is during our normal nap time. So today Katherine starts to fall asleep in the car on the way to church, and then wakes up as we get there. Then falls asleep in Sunday school, after I have to take her out of course and only get half of the lesson. Then in Sacrament meeting, with Katherine asleep in my arms and Jacob sitting next to me, I see that he is asleep even before we are through the sacrament hymn. I was thankful for a bench open in front of me, because we layed him down there. Then during the rest hymn I look down the bench at the rest of my little family and see that Mariah and Wyatt have both laid down on the bench and are sleeping. Then after we get home, we fix dinner and little Bethany is struggling too. After a bit I notice that she is awfully quiet in the dinner room where she is to be finishing her dinner and I see the scene that I have posted---her fast asleep in the chair. So at least some got the naps that they need, and others that really don't need one too, and so ends another Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

Poor kids! We have morning church still, and it is during Megan's morning nap. She was so fussy yesterday. I missed most of Sacrament meeting because I was in the Mother's room feeding her. Then she fell asleep during Sunday School, so I missed that. THEN she started crying two minutes into the Relief Society lesson, so I had to take her out. I almost considered pulling Lindsey out of Nursery early so we could all go home. Sigh. Sundays can be so hard on our schedules!

The Holder's said...

How cute! I remember those days, all to well. It doesn't seem to matter which meetings you have it always seams hard for someone.