Saturday, February 21, 2009

Getting an Early start




Last night as I was trying to clean up the kitchen after dinner, I saw what you are seeing in the pictures. Katherine had found a Pepsi can in the garbage and pulled it out and was trying to "drink" it. There wasn't anything in it, but she knew what to do with it. Unfortunately as I was trying to snap the pictures, the rest of the kids were trying to take the can away and put it back into the garbage. (Hence the idea that she is crying in the pictures.) And for some reason they all seem a little blurry, not sure why.






On a side note, most of you will be proud to know that Jacob is finally potty trained, and it took me a weekend to do it. So here is the scoop. I know that when school started this year, I had decided that I was going to work with Jacob on that aspect of life, because for the whole morning I had just Jacob and Katherine. Well, after several weeks of trying, I realized that it wasn't going to work and gave up. We just didn't have enough time to accomplish it because we had to go get Mariah from school which interrupted the sessions. So on the 13th I decided that I was going to try again. I didn't have anywhere to go, Mariah didn't have any school and I didn't have any extra children coming. So we started the process again. This time I also decided that I was going to push the fluids heavily, because as we all know---it is really hard to go when you don't have to go. After the first time of him peeing in the toilet it was like a light went off in his head, and he knew what to do. We had a couple of accidents that day, but by Sat we hadn't had a potty accident. It took a couple more days for the other end of life, but we have done it. Of course he like to wear his "Handy Manny" pull ups but it is funny because he wears regular underwear and then put the pull-ups on over them. I am very proud of him and shocked at how quickly he was able to complete the task, compared to the struggles that we had with Mariah. NOW our task will be Katherine, but she is only 15 months so I won't tackle that for a while yet.

o

2 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

Cute pics of Katherine! Lindsey loves soda too. Hooray for Jake! I am so excited for him! Can I send another toddler your way for potty training? You are so good at it by now that one more shouldn't matter!

The Holder's said...

A girl after my own heat. I am so glad our girls have not followed in my footsteps. Way to go with the potty training. I sure don't miss those days.