Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shooting 101







This afternoon after all the chores were done Gabe asked me if I wanted to go shooting with him. He was going to go with our neighbor, Lance, and shoot the shot guns. I decided that I would because 1. I wanted to spend some time with my husband; 2. I thought that it would be fun to shoot a shot gun (as I have never done that before); and 3. We were taking Kelli, Lance's wife too. So we went down the the river, which is about 1/2 mile away from our houses and shot the guns. I having never shot a shot gun before was a little leary, but it was FUN!!! We forgot to bring things to shoot, so we were shooting rocks and the trees and then we found some soda cans in the back of the truck. I am not good enough to shoot a moving target, but I did hit the cans a couple of times. I can't believe how much of an adrenline rush you can get out of doing that. After all the rounds were gone, Gabe and Lance discovered an old tractor down the river and went to check it out. Then on the way home we saw some rabbits. The boys, being boys, decided to run home and get some more rounds and go hunting the rabbits. To Kelli and I's amazment, they actually got one! It was really nice to get out of the house and be with my husband without all of the children.

2 comments:

Tiffany Wacaser said...

That's really cool. My dad took me a couple of times out to the gypsum mine to shoot a pistol. That was fun.

Dee Jordan said...

Julie got the gun bug, watch out ladies! She is gonna be a neighborhood packin momma in no time! LOL. I used to love to go with Cody. And we have been trying to remember what is was we used to do together?? Thanks for the jot!