Since Jacob is lucky enough to share a birthday with his cousin, who also lives about a mile away from us, we have decided to split the parties into two seperate occasions (see the previous post 3yrs and counting). We did have a small party with Grandma Sherry, Grandpa Lyle, Uncle Eric and Aunt Mindy on the 1st (his actual birthday) only because they were unable to attend the party date that we selected---today. We did have cake and ice cream for him today and it was pretty special for him. We had both friends and family over, and had a really good time.
Unfortunately for pictures he aslo has a great bruise on his cheek from 4-wheeling with Amanda earlier today. The way that she explained it was that he wanted to go over a big bump, they did and he hit the handle bars with his cheek......but I think that the desire to go over the bump was from another source.
He wanted a "Cars" cake, so I did the best that I could and put Mater and Lightning on his cake. I also do cupcakes for the kids as it seems to waste less cake than doing a big piece of cake.....and those had the lightning bolt on them (or as close as I could make them) surrounded by a "tire".
He was really excited about the whole party, until it came time to blow out the candles. He was smiling and just tickled pink while we sang to him, but didn't want to blow out the candles. Finally Dad had to come and help us......meaning he blew them out. Overall he had a great time and loved the whole idea.....I think that this will be the first party that he remembers.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Jacob! Jules, your cupcakes look awesome! You might have to help me decorate some for Megan's birthday.
Post a Comment