In hopes of creating some memories for my children, like my mother did for me, I decided to have something special for dinner tonight in honor of the "holiday" of St. Patrick's Day. I of course couldn't do what my mother used to do for us, make us green pancakes, so I did the next best thing. Some of you may wonder why I couldn't make the green pancakes, they are really easy as you just add green food coloring to the pancake batter. Actually it has more to do with the fact that I am NOT a morning person and I struggle every morning to get the children up in time to get ready and make the bus......so hot breakfasts tend to be out of the picture. So instead I decided to do a dinner. We had a green salad, with green jello and then had baked chicken. I know it isn't all green but I thought that too much green wouldn't be edible (too much of a good thing). But then to keep the children busy and not watching too much TV I also had some leprechauns that they could color, cut out and glue together. So our house became the target of 6 leprechauns, unfortunately we didn't find their gold. The older my children get the harder I have tried to create some traditions and things that they will remember when they become parents.....hopefully they will remember tonight and make their families a "green" dinner for St. Patrick's Day.
Nails Done
8 months ago
1 comment:
How fun, I am glad I am not the only one who makes their kids eat GREEN. This year we had green homemade bread, cupcakes with grean frosting for lunch and green mashed potatoes with dinner. The girls friends thought it was cool. My mom also did this when I was little and I have carried on the tratition. I do have limits of what I will die however.
Paula
Post a Comment