Monday, October 5, 2009

Our Weekend

I must warn you before you read this post that there are a lot of pictures.


We had company this weekend. I normally don't have company but this time it was pretty special. My cousin and his family came up to see us from Utah. We were in for a treat I will tell you.

Friday night we had dicussed making dutch oven something because we don't normally get dutch oven stuff, and my cousin is really good at that. So I had a vacation from cooking Friday evening and even learned some new recipes for inside from the event. We had chicken cordon bleu in the dutch oven and it was delicious. They also made a s'mores brownie concoction that most of us were unable to finish as it was very rich. The kids loved this because it was new and they had someone new to entertain them.







Saturday morning saw this happening in my kitchen:
















Again, I didn't have to cook and the kids were enthralled with helping. I loved the outcome because the cinnamon rolls were excellent! We went sure what to do with our day, but we eventually decided to do this:

















Again the kids were excited because my kids love shooting with their dad and our company had never done it before. I admitt I was a little jealous because the kids were all better shots than I was. While we were there I happened to see 7 head of deer in the next field over and took the binoculars and was looking at them . Jacob wanted to see them too and this is what we saw instead.

















That night the kids were so tuckered out that Bethany didn't even make it to her bed. She was sitting on the floor with one arm in bed sound asleep. She didn't even wake up when I put her in bed. I would have left her but I think that her arm would have been really sore in the morning.

















2 comments:

The Holder's said...

Thanks for letting letting us come. We had a great time. Gabe even got the girls and myself to shoot a gun, something Rob has been trying to talk me into for a long time.

Tiffany Wacaser said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so glad you enjoyed your company.