I went to Walmart and found a great buy....2 king sized microfiber blankets for $15 each. I bought them and then the binding to match and away we went.
The process was slow partly be
cause when you are a mom you never have a lot of time to do just what you want to. So in between other duties I removed the old binding, ties and then put it all on to the quilt frames. (Note to anyone else doing something like this, when you get to put it on the frames have someone else to help you---it goes much faster and is much easier). Then I began. I tied for a whole day and then spent the next one putting on the new binding. Today it looks like a brand new blanket. Of course essentially it is. I layered one new blanket on the bottom, then put the old quilt in the middle (where the batting usually goes) and then another new one on top. And voila.....our new bedspread. I have another one that I need to do now, but I think I may wait awhile before doing that one......my house needs help now.
I find that I have a love/hate relationship with projects like these. I love to have them because they give me something to do and when I am finished I have something that I can be proud and know that I did it all by myself......but I hate them because I get so involved with it that the house suffers. Laundry and dishes pile up, the floor goes unswept....nothing else but the most essential of daily chores gets done. So now that my master piece is finished I still have a ton to do in making up for 3 days of not doing squat!
1 comment:
Great job! It looks so warm!
Post a Comment