It seems like this is an everyday occurance for some, but in our household it comes but once a year. Since Wyatt has glasses too, for him it comes more often for a couple of reasons. The first and formost is that he is a boy and VERY hard on his glasses and also his eyes are changing faster than mine or Gabe's and therefore his perscription changes and then he needs a new pair. So, as you might have guessed, Wyatt got new glasses. For me this time was a bigger event than I wanted it to be, only because of the glasses that he chose. It was hard for him to decide on a pair of glasses. The ones that I thought looked good on him, he didn't like and then the ones that he liked I didn't for 2 reasons: 1. they were not the right shape, color and/or style for his face and 2. they were too expensive for what we could afford. I really wanted for him to get some that were memory metal. These were awesome glasses. You could bend twist and other wise distort them and they would retain their shape. I thought they would be the best for our money, but Wyatt didn't like them. So after much deliberation we found a pair that he liked AND that mom could tolerate. I realized, much to my dismay, that he is getting really independent and mom's opinion doesn't rate as much any more. Ultimetly I decided that it was better that he liked them and would wear them than I liked
them. So the pair th
at we decided on:
He looks pretty handsome doesn't he?
1 comment:
Brent has memory metal for his sports classes. He had that type of frame when he was a teenager because he was so active, but now as an adult, it's not so important.
He does have perscription lab goggles, which are kind of cool!I'm also glad that eyeglass design technology has improved so much so that he doesn't have to have such large frames.
With Brent's eyes being as bad as they are, I'm very surprised that not one of our kids have needed classes so far.
I need new glasses soon.
Post a Comment