So the day started out pretty quiet...well unless you count the fact that the kids were super emotional today. I couldn't seem to put James down without him crying. So I decided that I would just take a moment and sit with him and see if maybe he would fall asleep, as I don't think he is feeling very well. Katherine was outside riding her bike. As I was sitting in the family room rocking James, I heard this sound like a tractor truck coming down our road. I started to panic because I wasn't sure if Katherine would know/remember to stay on the driveway. So I hurried out the front door to see what was going on. This is what greeted me:
Oh My, what a sight. Katherine had seen it flying earlier in the morning and brought me out to look at it. My kids have been fascinated by the balloons and love to point them out no matter how many times we see one. We have had them fly over our house and fly low over the house, but never have we had one LAND by our house. (At least that I was around to see.)
We didn't have anything better to do....well unless you count the dishes waiting in the sink, the laundry that needs to be done, the vacuuming....you get the idea. So we just stood out there and watched and boy it was fun to watch and see how they put the balloon away. Katherine said that as the air was being let out that it looked like it was melting.
It was pretty awesome to watch this happen. I was thinking that it was going to be a boring day, but holy cow, I guess not. Of course now the rest of the day is going to seem pretty dull compared to this morning.
2 comments:
I will NEVER forget when one crash landed on Jackson Street. How awesome for Katherine.
That's so neat. I love when fun things happen to break up the monotony of it all.
Post a Comment