I am not sure why this plant does this. But year after year since I planted it this is what happens. All summer long I watch it as it grows slowly. I anxiously await the day that it blooms out so I can enjoy its blossoms as much as the rest in my garden. But it doesn't bloom until so late in the season that I wonder if it won't this year because the frost will kill it. We have had a couple of frosts already....nothing too serious just pretty light ones. This is what it did to my marigolds: (it is hard to tell, but this marigold is withering because of the frost)
and yet here it is getting ready to bloom like nothing ever happened too it.
I think sometimes we are like these plants. We have so many things around us that try and make us do things in certain time table. We are supposed to do things at a certain age when you are little, like crawl or walk...you have to wait to be an adult till you are a certain age. Some of those things are fine, but sometimes I think we should be less like the marigolds and more like this plant...content to do things at our own pace and the way that we think they should be done. This little plant doesn't seem to give into the pressure of making sure it blooms on time...as a matter of fact I enjoy the fact that it blooms late, then I get to enjoy the flowers just a little bit longer, especially since all the other flowers are fading into the past. I looked at this plant again today (these pictures are a couple of days old) and all of those little buds are beginning to open ever so slightly. They aren't very big, but they do make the garden a little prettier this late in the growing season.
No comments:
Post a Comment