Saturday, October 1, 2011

Good Job Amanda

So, this summer has been one of changes for our family. I usually have all the kids home from school and we do things that we like to do as a family. This year Amanda was old enough to get a job. So I took her out and around to some of the local business before school got out and she applied. I think that she applied for more jobs that I ever did as a kid. But eventually she found one at Burger King. It was hard for me to cut some of those apron strings and let her got out into the work force, but I did. Since she isn't old enough to drive, the choice was for her to walk, ride her bike or for me to take her. Burger King is a little far for her to walk and she was working some long hours AND we didn't have a lock for her bike, so the only logical choice was for me to drive her. She worked hard. She was always there and even was there for longer than she had to be. The bosses knew they could count on her and it paid off! She ended up being the employee of the month for August. We orignally thought it was for July, but she came home from work the other day with this plaque:
And yes, even though school has started again, she is still working. Her main motivation for this is a trip. Yes, I know that is pretty lame, but I think it is/has been a great experience for her. She is in the band, and the band is taking a trip to Chicago in the spring. We told her that she could go, but she would need to help earn the money to go. With our larger family, we wouldn't be able to help her out much. She has stepped up to the plate and done a ton to earn her way there. I am so proud of her for sticking with this and learning some new skills along the way. I could have saved this for a week or so and posted this on her birthday, but this is a huge accomplishment in my opinion for a 15 yr old to get such recognition. Way to go Amanda! We are so proud of her.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason and Gina said...

Way to go, Amanda! Wonder where she gets her work ethic from? Haha!