Jacob has a green thumb....no not literally, but he does have a great knack for growing things. This spring he came home from school with a red solo cup.....full of sunflower seedlings. I put them in the window and we let them grow there until they got a bit bigger. Then I told Jacob that we needed to move them to a bigger pot so they could grow. We moved those seedlings to a bigger pot.....and they died. Jacob was so upset that I went out and bought another package of sunflower seeds so we could replant. Then as those were doing so good, the dog got to them and half of them died. So we again replanted....and waited. Jacob made sure those seeds were moved when the dog was outside and made sure that they got the right amount of water. Then, they got tall and started to show signs of blooming.

We waited and waited until it started to bloom. Just the very day that it fully opened disaster struck again. Jacob had been putting the pot up on the BBQ grill while the dog, Benelli, was out. Last night it was on the grill when the wind picked up and blew it off. Sadly, the tallest plant (the only one blooming right now) was broken. I was quick to notice and cut it off and brought it inside. Now we can enjoy this bloom and wait for the rest of them to finish.
Hopefully the rest of them bloom before something else bad happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment