Saturday, October 12, 2013

Snow

The first snow of the season has already come to our area. We have actually had 2 weekends of snow storms already. I am not ready for them. But I know that my kids are! We got out all the snow gear and got everyone ready for the season, but in the process of doing that I realized something. I have saved things for the next kid, but this hasn't always worked out to my advantage. For example this year. I have snow pants for every child, but I realized that James has outgrown the ones he wore last year. That is not a problem, because Henry will need them and use them. But when I went looking for some for James I could only find them in 3 colors.....pink, purple and a magenta. I realized as I was putting these pink snow pants on James that I should have done better. No, I could have done better. I think if I could give anyone advice here, especially if you are planning on a big family, plan ahead. Plan to save yourself $$ by reusing coats and things like that. Now I don't mean to plan what size your kids will be in the next year, as that is not always easy to do. I mean plan for colors. I wish that I would have gotten clothes (especially like coats and snow pants) that were more unisex colors than gender specific. But some of that I couldn't have planned on either as a lot of these have been hand-me-downs from other people. So when you see James outside playing.....don't laugh. For one, he doesn't care that his pants are pink. For another, at least he is warm and dry!

No comments: