Sunday, October 12, 2008

13 candles



Wow, I can hardly believe that 13 yrs have gone by. Yesterday my oldest turned 13. I don't feel ready for that, nor can I believe that I am old enough for that, but it has happened. We decided to do things a little different this year. Amanda had a friend over Friday night to spend the night. Then we just hung out Saturday and had her "party" this evening. Most of that was because I was lazy in getting a cake mix and frosting until Friday. And then because we had been to another party Friday evening I just didn't feel up to have cake 2 days in a row. But then the weather had a lot to do with it too.....it snowed all day Saturday, and when it is like that I just like to hole up in the warmth and not have to go many places. It is all over and done now, and she is celebrated up for another year. All I can say is that I am dumbfounded, what do I do with a teenager?

2 comments:

Jason and Gina said...

At least she is a good little teenager! Happy birthday, Amanda! We love you!

Tiffany Wacaser said...

Happy Birthday Amanda. Hard to believe that little baby I saw 13 years ago is a teenager now.

As for what to do with teenagers, run in terror the other way.