Okay so I have mixed feelings about the weather today. On the one hand I am excited that it is snowing and bringing much needed moisture to the area, but on the other I am not really ready for winter as it is really NOT my favorite season. I don't mind the snow, it is the cold winds and the cold temperatures that I don't like---I know that is a contridiction because in order to have the snow you have to have it cold outside, but that is just the way that I feel. Personally if I could combine summer and fall that would be the perfect season. So it is snowing here and has been all day. Weather forecasts say that we are supposed to be getting from 8 to 12 inches. I decided that my kids needed to go outside for a while this morning. I spent at least 20 minutes searching for hats and gloves, helped them get boots, coats, gloves and hats on and sent them out the door. My intention was to have them outside playing while I tried to get Katherine down for her morning nap. Less than 5 minutes after sending them outside I hear knocks on the door--"Mom, it is freezing out here. Is it alright if we come in?" I wasn't going to make them stay outside when they didn't want to because they were right, it was FREEZING especially with the wind blowing. But I guess that it didn't hurt to try. But in the process I thought that I would document with some pictures of the kids ready for their first snow day of the season. It was just Mariah and Jacob because the rest were in school and Katherine is too small yet to be out there. So I guess that I am resigned to say "Let it snow, let it snow let it snow!"
Nails Done
6 months ago
1 comment:
We had snow here too, but it really isn't sticking yet. Good job for getting them out the door! I tried to run with the girls yesterday and we only made it two miles because it was so cold they were both crying!
Post a Comment