Sunday, July 5, 2009

Old MacDonald's Farm


Now growing up where we live this farm isn't a big deal. We live so close to chickens, cows and horses that we probably could have skipped this and been just fine. But when you have kids and are on vacation I found that sometimes you just have to do something that is a little more kid friendly and this was just the place. We had a free certificate for pony rides for all the kids and so we decided to go. I think that it was well worth it as everything on the farm was able to be touched and petted and even fed if you came at the right time. I took a lot of pictures here, but I am only posting a few. Why? Well I don't think that you want to see every last one of my children on the ponys or holding the baby goats or any of the other things that we were able to do. I will tell you about it though.
When we first got there they had a "train" that would take the kids on a ride through the farm. I say "train" because it really was a riding lawn mower that they had hooked up to a bunch of barrels that had seats for the kids to ride in. So we waited around for the train rides and all the kids loved that. They thought that they were in hog heaven during that. Then because the sky was looking really nasty and the ponies were going to be going to lunch shortly, we rode the ponies next.



The look on Jacob's face as he came around riding that pony all by himself, was just priceless. That is the other reason why I won't post all the pictures.....all the kids had the same look on their faces. They had a ton of baby animals that they would let you feed, if you came at the right time (we weren't there at that time), baby goats, sheep and cows. They had horses and goats and chickens......just all the animals that you would find on the farm. This picture of the older kids was cute, they had a couple of these cut out boards, this one of chickens and then they had one of a troll underneath a bridge that had a couple of huge goats on it. We just had a great time and I don't care who you are, whether you were raised on a farm or near animals or not, this was a great place to go for the kids.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: