Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2 packages


Most of us enjoy getting packages in the mail. As a matter of fact we look forward to them with so much anticipation, it is almost like Christmas. We get so few packages here that for our house it seems like Christmas when we get something. Well, that wasn't how it was today. Today we got 2 packages that contain things that will change our lives as we know it. I am a little terrified of the things in these packages, not because they are scary, but because of what it means that I am going to have to start doing.
Today was the day that we got the delivery of Bethany's growth hormones. Notice that the top package says: "Do not Freeze". It needs to be refridgerated, but not frozen. So I am going to have to keep a close eye on the other littles hands that play with the temperature adjustment on the fridge. In the other box are all the other supplies that we will need to give the injections: swabs, needles, a sharps container and even a travel pack that we can put all the supplies in for when we go somewhere. I am also going to have to find a place that my monkey Jacob can't get to or into as these are things that he shouldn't be playing with.

The only problem with getting these packages today is this: we still don't know how to use it. We are supposed to be getting a visit from a nurse to come and show us how to clean, use and dispose of all these supplies. As of yet we have not had contact from that nurse. I called the company that we are working with and let them know that I have recieved shipment and am awaiting further orders (saying it like that makes me feel like a spy). I guess the thing that scares me the most about this package is the unknown aspect of it. All the things in there are strange to me. I have seen them in the doctor's office but I myself don't know how to use them properly.

It also causes a bit of excitment because of the potential that lies in this stuff. This medication has the potential of giving Bethany a chance to be a "normal" height. Right now, she is in danger of never reaching the average height of 5' something. She would be lucky to even reach 5'. Now we have the chance to give her that opportunity. She has begun looking at herself and asking when she is going to grow. Now I can tell her that she will with this medicine. We probably won't see a huge amount of growth but little by little she will begin to notice a difference. So for now we are in a holding pattern, we are awaiting further directions. Once we get those we will proceed with full faith that this will help our little girl be not so little anymore. Stay tuned for further updates, as I am sure that there will be more.

1 comment:

The Holder's said...

So glad things are starting to fall into place. I hope you hear from the nurse soon.