Thursday, August 20, 2009

Haircutting 101

I have never taken a class. I have never wanted to learn how to cut hair. I am not a professional by any means. But I can cut hair one way and that is like this.
Wyatt had his hair cut a while back by Gabe's Aunt June....she is a professional. It started by just being a normal cut so that he could spike it and ended in a buzz cut. It has been quite some time since that cut and Wyatt's hair has been looking pretty shaggy. He came to me this morning and had his bangs in a "pony tail" with his fingers and asked again to get it cut. This afternoon I saw our neighbor walking in her yard and on a whim asked if she had clippers (ours are done--they are really noisy and dull). She let me borrow them and this was the end result. He wanted it short and I tried to leave him some, but it wasn't possible as I had no idea what I was doing. He seems to really like it and was thrilled when we were done. We, as in the little girls (Amanda, Bethany and Mariah) tried to convince Jacob that we should do his, but he refused.
This picture is one of the aftermath of cutting his hair. I should have had someone take some while I was cutting it, but I didn't think of that until I was all done and cleaning up. I did think ahead enough to do it outside, so that minimized the mess. But it was a lot of hair to look at on the ground.
On a side note, I took the last 2 children (Amanda and Mariah) into the doctor for their well child checks. I was amazed when the doctor told me that Mariah was in the 98th percentile for her height. That means that she is tall! I don't think that I have ever had a child measure like that before. Maybe she is going to be the odd ball in our family and be the tallest one! Everything else checked out fine. They are just where they should be for everything else. Overall today has turned out better than it started.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason and Gina said...

It looks good! I cut Jason's hair all the time. Of course he doesn't have all that much of it, but I think it looks so nice and neat really short like that. Good job!