Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to school time


So most of you might have guessed that this post was coming.....because of the change in my background. So here it is. My kids started school this morning. Yes, there are 4 of them there and they are all going to school for the whole day. That leaves me with 2 at home. "What are you going to do with yourself?" was the question I kept getting. Well I can tell you what I did with today and it will probably be the same for the rest of the year---well I hope not exactly the same.
As far as schools go, I think we are pretty fortunate here. They have 3 elementary schools that are K-3 and then once the kids finish there they bring them all together for 4th and 5th at the Rendezvous Elementary, then the kids go off to the middle school until they are ready for the high school as 9th graders. So this year I have (are you ready for this?) an 8th grader, 3rd grader, 1st grader and one in kindergarten. But between the 4 kids I only have 2 schools. They are growing up.
I will admit last week I was so ready for the kids to be going back to school, but today it has been kind of lonely and quiet without all the activity going on. I am sure that I will get used to it though. They were all excited this morning. I sent them out to catch the bus and I guess that they made it because they never came back.
My day has been the usual, but different. I had errands that I needed to run (post office to mail a letter and then to the grocery store to buy much needed supplies) and with only 2 kids that was a lot different that usual. When we came home I put things away and the kids played quite nicely with the trucks and blocks. We didn't have many major meltdowns until lunchtime, other than the bumps and knocks that come with being a kid. I got phone calls taken care of, I am in the process of finishing 3 loads of laundry with needing to do 2 more (it looks likely that this will happen). So overall I have been pretty productive.
I wouldn't want all my days to be like today, so I will plan other things to do. But other than being quiet....today has been a good day.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Happy School days! How did Mariah like it? They look happy.