So I have to admit that I wasn't ready for this one so soon. I almost missed it. As a matter of fact I missed it, partially. Maria
h is now 5?! The reason I say that I missed it partially, is because we haven't had cake and ice cream and we didn't take treats into school until today. It wasn't because I wasn't aware that it was coming....I just forgot to talk to her teacher and tell her and find out a good time to bring them. But Grandma Sherry sent a package for her and I played the bad mom and wouldn't let her open it until her birthday. Then I played it out...she wanted to open it first thing and I made her wait until almost bedtime before she got to it. She was so excited to open it. Grandma Sherry knows my kiddos (of course sometimes she has a little help). She got new socks, tights and pjs that she absolutely loves.
Today I took cookies to school for her birthday. They put a crown on her and so she was queen for a day. I also had Jacob and Katherine there (because they aren't in school yet) and they thought that was soo cool. After the sna
ck the kids got out their tubs and were working on them. Mrs. N told me that we could pull some tubs for Jacob and Katherine. They really likes sitting at the tables with chairs just the right size for them and playing with the schools stuff. Jacob played with a puzzle and I was amazed at how well he put it together. Mariah did just the opposite of what I thought that she would do. She pulled her tub and went off to the other side of the room and worked quietly. I guess that I am not needed anymore.
We are still going to have to have a party for her. I haven't made her a cake or anything so there will be another post with her birthday cake pictures.
Since she is 5 I thought that I would list 5 things that I love about her:
1. her imagination.
2. she loves to sing
3. she is really loving and accepting of all.
4. she isn't a teenager yet.
5. she is very happy most of the time and content to play by herself or with others.
This is one of Jacob and Katherine (sitting beside Jacob) and Mariah with a friend from her class eating their cookies.


This picture is one that is unique to me. I remember vividly that when I saw the kids sitting on the couch waiting for this one to be taken thinking to myself "I have 4 children....I have 4 children" of course each time emphasising a different word. Mariah is actually the baby in Wyatt's arms and Bethany is in Amanda's. Now look at us, 5 yrs later: 2 more kids and a lot older.
Today I took cookies to school for her birthday. They put a crown on her and so she was queen for a day. I also had Jacob and Katherine there (because they aren't in school yet) and they thought that was soo cool. After the sna
We are still going to have to have a party for her. I haven't made her a cake or anything so there will be another post with her birthday cake pictures.
Since she is 5 I thought that I would list 5 things that I love about her:
1. her imagination.
2. she loves to sing
3. she is really loving and accepting of all.
4. she isn't a teenager yet.
5. she is very happy most of the time and content to play by herself or with others.
This is one of Jacob and Katherine (sitting beside Jacob) and Mariah with a friend from her class eating their cookies.

This picture is one that is unique to me. I remember vividly that when I saw the kids sitting on the couch waiting for this one to be taken thinking to myself "I have 4 children....I have 4 children" of course each time emphasising a different word. Mariah is actually the baby in Wyatt's arms and Bethany is in Amanda's. Now look at us, 5 yrs later: 2 more kids and a lot older.
2 comments:
Happy Bithday Miss M! Wow Julie I love Love how you Love Love that she is NOT a teenager! LOL Know you will always be needed, even when she is 19 and moves away to Wyoming, opps! Right, thats me! :)
Happy birthday, Mariah! We love you! Hugs and kisses from Aunt Gina, Uncle Jason, Lindsey and Megan.
Post a Comment