Friday, September 18, 2009

Homecoming 2009

Wow! It really is that time of year when your feelings of loyalty start to shine through. Being from a small town and having now moved to a small town there is nothing like Homecoming to stir your blood. I know that now is nothing compared to when I was in school. I am involved because my children are involved. In some respects it is sad to me to think that I will never again dress in silly outfits, never scream myself hoarse at a pep rally, or any of those things only because it is unbecoming of the parent to do that. Those things are reserved for the kids and I think they are what makes Homecoming more fun..
I must admit that this year is easier for me to cheer on the home team than last year. I think the next year will be even easier as Amanda enters high school and becomes more involved with those things. But for me there is nothing more stirring than seeing and hearing the band come down the street playing the school song. Of course Amanda was again marching with the middle school band. I actually got some good pictures of her as she was right out on the side where I was. I have also included pictures of the high school band because the sight is just stirring. We are very fortunate that the school board here really supports the music programs.










This one is of Amanda marching. She is right on the left of the picture, playing the clarinet. (minus the sunglasses of course). Way to go Amanda.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

skideewink said...

Oh No! We're not soposed to dress up and holla, I did not get that memo today, LOL I had on my WARRIOR PURPLE and Zebra Stripes (twirling mascot). I yelled with the best of them, and I do have a sore throat tonight. I love this time as well. I am to tired tonight but will post pictures of Bailee tomorrow. (((hugs))) Wish we could have sat together and hollered.