Thursday, September 17, 2009

Congratulations!

Tuesday was a big day for awards at our house. I am not sure why, but it just ended up that way. The kids have their piano lessons on Tuesday and Amanda comes home from her lessons holding this:



















She had moved up in her lessons to the next level. I knew that because I had to go get her new books from the music store. What I didn't know was that the publisher of this series is now making trophies that have the kids' names and the date and which level that they passed off. So my hat goes off to Amanda for moving up to the next level in her piano. I didn't think to get a picture of her holding her trophy, but tonight as I was posting pictures of Wyatt, I snuck into her room and got these pictures of it.



The other award went to Wyatt. Now this award I knew that he was getting because I was actively involved in the process. Since he is now 8 he is able to be in the scouting program. Tuesday was their pack meeting. He was able to get his Bobcat badge. Gabe wasn't able to come so the picture of Wyatt "pinning" me during the awards ceremony wasn't too good (I think I need to teach Amanda how to use the camera a little better). But when we came home I did get one of him holding his badge. Now if only I could get the motivation to pull the sewing machine out and sew the badges on his new shirt. He has been really excited to start earning his badges and going to scouts. So now that he has earned the first one.....it is time to start working on the next one. I am sure that there will be A LOT of posts with him in his scouting uniform and getting awards. We hope that this isn't the last one he gets.
I am so proud of both of my children. I hope that I have many more of these kinds of posts and I hope that I am not bragging too much about my kiddos. I love them all and hope that they know and enjoy their moments of glory when they come.

1 comment:

The Holder's said...

Way to go kids. Julie you can never brag about your kids to much. The best time to brag about them is when they can hear you. It does a lot or their self estem.