Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kisses


I don't know what it is about a new baby that makes you do it, but I think that we are all guilty of it a lot (I know that I am)....and that is kissing the baby. I know that I have found myself kissing other people's infants (especially the newer they are) and not just my own. James will just have to get used to the fact that everyone wants to kiss him, and not just once or twice.....but as in the cases of Katherine and Jacob---often, the more the better. Jacob however, has been very specific when he gives James a kiss. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, he has a purpose for every kiss that he gives James. Sometimes it is frustrating for me, as he wants to give James a kiss before I feed him (his Feeding Kisses) or wants to give him a kiss just as he is falling asleep (his Resttime Kiss). But they are so cute. He will usually give the kiss and then tell me what it was for, or sometimes he will ask me if he can give James a ______(fill in the blank) Kiss. But it just isn't Jacob that gives James kisses. I am beginning to have to tell the kids that James has had enough kisses and that they need to leave him alone for a minute (otherwise they would constantly be giving him kisses). I think that they love this new brother. What do you think?

No comments: